Air Commando Hall of Fame Nomination Criteria
The AC HoF Program is administered with the following guidelines established by the ACA Board of Directors.
The ACA President, with approval of the Board of Directors, appoints the ACA Hall of Fame Committee. The Committee will have a minimum of five and no more than seven members. All committee members must be members of the ACA. At least one committee member must also be a member of the Hall of Fame.
Requests for nominations will be published in the February and May newsletters and posted on the ACA website. Nominations may be accepted at any time, but no later than 31 July of the year to be considered. Nominations received after the deadline will be held for the following year’s selection process. Nominations that fall short of the Hall of Fame Committee’s selection criteria will be returned with an appropriate letter. The Committee will review nominations and finalize their selection in sufficient time to present their recommendations to the ACA Board of Directors at their August meeting and publication in the August newsletter. Once approved by the Board of Directors, the ACA President will then send a letter to the selectee’s as soon as possible to provide sufficient time for the selectee’s to plan for their attendance at the October reunion where the formal presentation will be made. A courtesy copy of this letter will be sent to the person who submitted the nomination.
- All nominees must be eligible for membership in the Air Commando Association.
- Nominees must have been assigned or attached for no less than three years to an Air Force Air Commando or Special Operations unit.
- No nominee shall be selected based upon a singular circumstance of bravery or heroics except this restriction does not apply to Medal of Honor awardees.
- Nominees shall have served honorably while on active duty and in civilian life.
- The justification for the nominee shall clearly reflect SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE BETTERMENT OF AIR COMMANDO OR AIR FORCE SPECIAL OPERATIONS FORCES.
NOMINATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS (Click here for nomination form)
- Anyone may nominate any Air Commando who meets the eligibility criteria for selection to the Hall of Fame.
- Self-initiated nominations will not be accepted.
- Nomination package will include:
a. Verifiable and detailed information about the nominee and complete justification for the selection.
b. A copy of the DD-214 or equivalent documentation to verify service, awards, decorations, POW status and/or other significant achievements. IT IS INCUMBENT ON THE NOMINATOR TO VARIFY THE ACCURACY AND CREDIBILITY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE HALL OF FAME COMMITTEE.
c. A detailed and comprehensive citation suitable for presentation at the induction ceremony. No more than 275 words.
d. Photo of the nominee if available.
e. Names, addresses and phone numbers of two professional references.
f. Nomination packages must be signed by the originator and will include their contact information for both the nominator and the nominee.
4. Nomination packages will be sent to the AC Hof Committee, P.O. Box 7, Mary Esther, FL 32569 to arrive not later than 31 July of each year.
- The HoF Committee will process and validate the nomination packages and return to the originator those that do not meet both the eligibility criteria and the nomination procedures and requirements criteria. The Chairman of the Hall of Fame committee will provide a letter of explanation to the originator.
- The HoF Committee will only recommend those individuals who meet the basic criteria and have made significant individual and unique contributions to Air Force Special Operations.
- The HoF Committee Chairman and/or the Secretary will present the list of recommended nominees for induction to the ACA Board of Directors for their approval.
- The HoF Committee will not recommend more than five nominations for selection to the Hall of Fame in any given year.
- The ACA Board of Directors will provide final approval of the selectees.
- The selectees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame at the annual reunion, normally at the banquet.
- A certificate and special name tag will be presented during the induction.
- A brass name plate will be mounted on the Hall of Fame memorial display maintained in the ACA building.
R. V. Secord
Maj Gen USAF [Ret]
President, Air Commando Association